Tutorial: Variable Voltage and Vaping Power Chart
Significance of Variable Voltage and Vaping Power Chart
Modern electronic cigarettes come with many features and one of these features is variable voltage. Not every e-cigarette comes with option of variable voltage, some already come with preconfigured constant power output. These types of e-cigarette are simple to use and more suitable for beginners. They deliver predesigned power to model specific atomizer, cartomizer, or clearomizer. However, more advance users prefer an option of variable voltage which allows them to control power output to achieve ideal vapor production. Them main reason why you would choose a variable voltage electronic cigarette over constant power e-cigarette, is the variety of different types and brands of atomizers, cartomizers, and clearomizers on the market today. If you are unfamiliar with different types of e-juice delivery devices be sure to check out our Tutorial: Atomizer vs. Cartomizer vs. Clearomizer.
Different types and brands of atomizers, cartomizers, and clearomizers all have one thing in common, they all have some type of heating coil which converts power delivered by your batter to heat. The heating coil can have different resistence level, which simply means that it requires different power levels to achieve ideal heating temperature. Consequently, variable voltage option allows you to set ideal power output depending on brand and model of atomizers, cartomizers, and clearomizers you are using. It is important to note that highest voltage is usually not ideal power setting and can lead to burning of e-juice or even risk of coil burnout. Therefore, always pay attention to Ohm rating of atomizers, cartomizers, and clearomizers when purchasing one. An Ohm rating indicates resistance level of a heating coil inside e-juice delivery device. Lower level (or Ohms) require lower power level to achieve proper and safe heating temperature. Higher level require higher power output. If set voltage exceeds designed resistance level, you will get a burned taste and it can even can lead to the coil burning out completely. If voltage is set too low with respect to resistance level, vapor production will be low and inefficient. So to help you with ideal voltage setting you will need two things: resistance level of your e-juice delivery device (indicated in Ohms) and Vaping Power Chart. The Vaping Power Chart indicates ideal power level or voltage for specific resistance level indicated in Ohms.
How To Use Variable Voltage and Vaping Power Chart
- Find resistance level (in Ohms) on packaging of your atomizer, cartomizer, or clearomizer.
- Locate row for this resistance level on left side of the chart
- Follow this row to the right until you locate cell (or cells) indicated by light green color
- The corresponding number on top of the chart for a specific cell indicates voltage level required to achieve certain power output
- If there are more than one light green cell within the specific row, it means that there is a range of ideal voltage level. It is up to you to decide which level works and taste better for you. Play around with different voltage within the range, but try to stay within light green area.